German labour law - Arbeitsrecht in EnglischLegal basics and practically oriented examples
The German legal system is totally different compared to the Anglo-American system. Especially in German labour law there are many specifics, such as the right of termination and the unique rights of works councils. Knowledge in German labour law helps you to avoid failings and to perform strongly in your business.
Conclusion and terms of the employment contract
- Verbal or written?
- Probation time, temporary work contract
- Vacation, long hours
German specifics in the employment
- Parental leave
- Part-time work
Major problems in the employment
- Poor performance of employees
- Disciplinary actions: warnings versus reprimands
Termination of an employment contract (dismissal)
- Formalities, termination with/without notice
- Redundancies due to business operations
- Dismissal for wrong conduct and alternative routes of dismissal
- Termination for personal reasons
- Cooperation between employer and works council
- Important obligations of employers
- Main rights of co-determination of works councils
Litigation in the labour court
Executive managers, business leaders, employers, staff managers, members of HR-departments
- A lot of information, practical examples,
- questions and answers relevant for your day-to-day operations,
- tightly arranged in a small group of participators.
Unsere Preise orientieren sich an dem jeweiligen Konzept und Vorbereitungsaufwand. Nach einer individuellen Beratung unterbreiten wir Ihnen gerne ein detailliertes Angebot.
Seminar duration: 1 day